Monday, January 16, 2017

I'm Returning to the Friendly Skies!!!

Around this time last year I started putting applications in. I did a few face to face interviews and was disappointed to get the dreaded TBNT (Thanks but no thanks). I took some time to evaluate what could make myself more desirable to the airlines and realized that not having recent customer service experience from my time of being a stay at home mom was probably hurting me. I returned to the workforce in May and started putting out applications back in November. I had a few video interviews and I was hired on by a regional airline. 

My goal was to get on with a mainline. But I am actually very excited to get started. I start my training on the 31st and I couldn't be happier. I am looking at this as a stepping stone to gain more recent experience to get where I want. But I am also keeping an open mind because I may end up enjoying the airline that hired me. 

As the end of the month approaches I am studying the information they have sent me and preparing my family for the big changes to come. It is a lot different this time around because I have three children under the age of 7 who have grown up most of the time with Mommy being there 24-7. My oldest is very excited and has already started planning out trips for us to take this summer. 

I will keep you all posted as I learn more and head off to training. 


Happy Flying and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment