Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Second 4-Day!

My second four day was a lot better than the first... I actually made it through all four days! Although I enjoyed my first crew a little more, my crew was nice. I flew R1 and I think I found a new favorite position! So here is a recap of my trip...

Day 1 - ATL - LGA - MKE

This trip started in bad weather and of course there LGA is notorious for long hold patterns. When we arrived upstairs we arrived to a bunch of grumpy PAX. The previous flight to LGA was cancelled so we had a lot of people wanting to fly standby on an already booked flight. We didn't even start to board until the time we were supposed to be leaving which had people in a not so pleasent mood. After we got on the plane and the doors were closed we ended up sitting for about another 10 minutes and finally we were off! People started to cheer up as time went by... We ended up not being able to do a full service due to turbulance and that upset some people.. it wasn't severe, but I was having trouble standing up. Then we were ready to kill ATC when we were told we would be in the air an aditional 30 minutes to to traffic in LGA. We finally were able to land and deplane and I was kind of happy to see them go. The Flight to MKE was very uneventful and I was happy when we made it to the hotel. I had a quick dinner and enjoyed the wonders of the sleep number bed.

Day 2 - MKE - BWI - BOS

Day two was amazing. I had so much fun! I started off the day with a blueberry lemon scone and a Bullfrog (mint mocha) from the coffee cart. The flight to BWI was smooth and pleasant. Then we flew to BOS. It was a short flight and we were a bit rushed during service, but over all it was great! I had an 18 hour layover in BOS and I took advantage of it. I took the train downtown and walked the entire Freedom Trail, I saw the duck statues, and I ate at the bar that inspired "Cheers." all in all it was a good time.

Day 3 - BOS - BWI - CUN - BWI

Whoever thought to make CUN a turn is a moron. It was long and boring because going there we only had 10 PAX. I personally felt it was a waste of fuel and resources, but what do I know? Because there were only 10, service was so easy.. but then there was nothing else to do for the flight. It was very hard to stay awake. We did a big no-no and got off the plane to check out Duty Free and was chewed out by the base manager... however the gate agent was the one who said we could. Coming back we had 30 PAX. 30 on a 737 is almost as sad as 10. Another super easy flight... but my goodness it drains you when there is nothing to do. We only had 10 hours in BWI so I made sure to get some sleep because I was still exhausted from BOS.

Day 4 - BWI - ATL

It was a 6:00 check in and one of our crew overslept. Other than that I couldn't have asked for an easier day.


Over all this trip was easy and fun but there was nothing really eventful.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm having fun reading your stories: ) What is R1? You probably didn't know this but I'm from Boston...nice to hear you had a long layover and a chance to see some things! Next time let me know you are going and I will let you know some great thing to see...I was actually a tour guide there! Where do you guys stay...don't say in comments...e-mail me: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love uneventful flights... better than emergencies! Glad that you had a good trip with a good crew. It makes the job sooo much easier (at least that is what i think).

    Glad you are enjoying your FA experience.
    Oh and I looooove the Boston overnight! One of my fav's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, sometimes those 4 day trips get a little nuts. I especially hate when you get a 4 day trip, 2 days off, and then another 4 day.

    Sometimes I wake up and I'm like, "What city am I in?"

    ReplyDelete