Monday, January 11, 2010

Where Have I been?

I've been so busy in the past months I forgot to let you all know what happened. My fatigue was denied, which I appealed. But I ended up leaving the airlines for a different kind of life. I met the man of my dreams and we are now engaged and expecting our first child. I was lucky and became Tampa based for one month, but couldn't stand the thought of leaving James for ATL and the crazy life of reserve. It was a hard desision because being a flight attendant was my dream, but I can always go back and when I do I'll have a family to support me.

Good luck to everyone in the friendly skies. I'll be a stay at home mom for awhile. Who knows maybe I'll start a new blog, "The Secret Life of a Stay At Home Mom." ;)

3 comments:

  1. Well if you ever think about being a stay at home and having a stay at home job I got something you need to check out.

    Shane Coponen

    1-800-896-6977

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie,

    Congratulations! You will love being a mom;-) Happy to hear all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katie,

    Thank you for letting us know what happened. It's too bad your previous airline gave you so much trouble about your fatigue claim. In the end, it looks like things turned out very well for you. Good luck to you and your new family.

    ReplyDelete