Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Birth Certificate, A Passport, and A Canceled Flight

I've been up since one this morning. I went in to help Marvin at work and after I got home I couldn't sleep. I was way too stressed about my passport crisis. The post office said it would be delivered anytime between 8 to 3. 10:30 rolled around and I was starting to worry a little. Finally around a quarter till noon the doorbell rang!

I was happy to see that he had an express mail envelope for me. I still had to get everything together. I went to Walgreen's to pick up my passport photos, they came out awful. I look like I weigh about 20 more pounds. I had to go get an express envelope and stamp from the post office, and then it was off to the government center!

I got there and there wasn't very many people so I just had to fill out the form. I had everything filled out only to realize I left my drivers licence at home. The woman said it was required but it clearly stated on the paperwork that Marvin could have filled out a form stating that I was who I said I was, along with my student ID and Social Security Card. She also said it had to be filled out in black ink. There was nothing on the form stating that I couldn't use black ink, but I went home and grabbed my licence and filled out the form again.

So it is supposed to take two weeks door to door for me to receive my passport. I was a little worried when she took my birth certificate. She said it would be returned to me, I didn't even have it for more than an hour. I was worried because my recruiter said I needed a receipt for an expedited passport, and although that is what I ordered my receipt is just for the 25 dollar fee the court house charged me.

I got home and checked my email only to find that I didn't need to be so worried after all. My flight was canceled and was going to be rescheduled for Friday. I am really glad because I was going to have to be up at 3 AM to make my flight and I still have to iron my suit and run some more errands, which means I would have been running on very little sleep.

I am still trying to figure out why they want me to bring a money order for a processing fee. It seems kind of strange that I have to pay them. Oh, well...

I also need to work on getting the money for my uniforms, I have a feeling that they are going to want my down payment at the fitting. If they do I will be disappointed because they didn't mention it and $150 is kind of an inconvenience if you are not expecting it. But with XYZ I've learned that I should expect the unexpected.

Have a great afternoon... I'm going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment