Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The One On One Interview



Well I should have known from the very start of the day that it was going to be a wonderful day. I woke up early before my alarm and had everything ready to go. I got ready and was off to Orlando, where my interview took place. As soon as I got into the car I turned on the radio and Zeppelin was playing so it was already a good start to my journey. Along the way just about all of my favorite songs and groups were playing which distracted me from my nerves, as I am one of the crazy people you see rocking it out in the car, singing and all. I ended up stopping at a Starbucks once I got closer because I arrived about an hour early and I had a coupon for a free tea, and I figured out why they give you a free drink, because it is impossible to walk out with just the free drink. Several pastries later I went back to headquarters.

I still arrived about 45 minutes early and signed in and got my badge. There were others waiting in the lobby for their interviews so I made small talk only to find that interviews were running way behind. I was patient and tried to make friends because I could potentially be training or even rooming with some of them in ATL. When my time came I was so nervous, every time someone came out they didn't say good bye or thank her for going to ATL so I was worried that it was going to be hard.

I got back there and it was like your typical interview with lots of questions about situations you've experienced. I answered to the best of my ability and maintained a smile and a positive attitude and even threw in a couple jokes to break the ice. It apparently worked because she invited me to ATL for the next step! I was so shocked a REALLY??? popped out of my mouth and she was amused because I seemed so shocked. She said she thinks I will make an excellent flight attendant and not to be so nervous because I made an impression on our first meeting and that is how I made it to this point.

She booked my flight I leave TPA at 7 AM Friday and arrive back later in the day. I am really excited that I've made it this far so quickly. I have to fix my ticket because she misspelled my name, but that shouldn't be a big deal. When we were going back to the lobby she explained to me that not everyone would be going to ATL so she didn't want me to thank her as I left out there and to keep my best "poker face" on. I let her know I'm a little nervous about getting around ATL alone because I've never been there and have heard horror stories. She did let me know that one of the women I was talking to earlier will be on my flight and just to stick with her. I found this to be exciting news because we got along pretty well.

So I came home and spread the news and everyone was pretty happy for me. I have so much to take care of before March... And so my journey continues!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment