Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Passport,A Birth Certficate, and A Short Notice Trip

Well it has been one bumpy ride. It's been awhile since I've been on. Last Friday I went to Atlanta only to have a late flight and a long, long, long day. I slept about 13 hours after I made it home. But here is the fun part!!! I got an email on Monday saying I have a flight on Thursday, I am going for orientation, a physical, a drug test, finger printing, and uniform fittings. The stressful part about this wasn't the 3 day notice on my flight, but the fact that I need a receipt for an expedited passport... and I don't have a birth certificate as I am writing this.

So I go on google and see about getting my birth certificate and there is no way it would be delivered in time if I ordered it through the website. I have tons of family up in Indy but there is only a short list of people who can obtain your birth certificate. So I was at a dead end. So I went on google to see if there was any way I could possibly get a passport without a birth certificate... it can be done but it is a royal pain in the ass!

Now as I am starting to get my hopes back up I am searching for all of the information I will need. I also need signed affidavits from family saying that I was born where I say I was born... Well I could only find a few documents that could possibly qualify, but there was another problem!!!

When I was born my last name wasn't Coffey, it was Ransom! Everything from the hospital said Ransom, and some of it had my name spelled with a C instead of a K! So basically it was useless! I even emailed my ex to see if it was still in the safe, but no response from him.

So I finally decide to try my dad up in Indy. He lives in a different part and it is a long drive from Spencer to the East Side of Indy. He agreed to do it and I gave him all the info and asked him to overnight it. He called me around noon yesterday to tell me it was sent. It is guaranteed by 3 or it is free... but since the passport office closes at 4:15 if it is any later than 3, free or not it is kind of useless. So my career at XYZ potentially lies in the hands of my mailman... I hope my parents tipped him well at Christmas!

Luckily I might have a loophole if it doesn't come in time. If I am taking antihistamines, it could raise my blood pressure and make me fail my physical... Which means I can reschedule! I have never been so happy to have a cold in my life! I actually thanked God for my cold, as silly as it sounds. If I do get my birth certificate I will have to be a little uncomfortable and not have medicine until after the physical, but it's worth it.

This has been more of a rant than a blog posting, but I needed to vent. And you can now see what exciting stress XYZ has been putting me through. I was told I wouldn't need my passport until later on in the game, and the crazy thing is I was talking to my mom about ordering my birth certificate earlier that morning. But I am going to stay positive and have faith in the mail man, and hope he doesn't have a sub tomorrow!

I'll be back with more later about my adventures with my passport!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment