Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FA Training! I made it!

So after all of the fun happenings over the past couple weeks I was able to finally go to training! I arrived Sunday night and checked into my hotel. It is unfortunately in the bad side of college park. But other than the fact I can not safely leave the hotel it is going well.


Sunday -

I arrived earlier than my roommate. I went up in the room to discover only one real bed, the other was a rollaway. I decided first come first serve... but this came back to get me later on. I went downstairs and got to know some of the people from the class ahead of me. When I got back my roommate arrived. She was understanding and said that she would have done the same thing, so I didn't feel so bad. But I did not get any sleep in that bed... There is a bright light that shines right in the window and there were some crazy people out in the parking lot all night... including a drug dealer, hookers, and a car break in! My hotel is also conveniently located within walking distance of a bar and a strip club!

Day 1 - Orientation -

After getting hardly any sleep the night before my alarm clock went off at 6:00. I got ready and went downstairs for my "hot breakfast" which is a joke! Having toast and a waffle machine apparently qualifies as a hot breakfast. My hotel also features a state of the art fitness center where none of the equipment is working! I got on the shuttle to the training center and although I was tired I was excited as can be! It was just an orientation and it felt like the longest day of my life. By the end of the day I was so exhausted but I had to stay up because it would be my only opportunity to have a shuttle to the grocery store until next Monday. After that I called it an early night and tried to go to sleep as my roommate stayed up all night studying.

Day 2 - My first day of class!

I woke up feeling sick to my stomach but I still was able to pull it together and make it to class. I passed my first test with flying colors, although some of my classmates weren't as lucky. But we have an opportunity to retake one test. It was another long day, but we received our FAMs and we learned how to bring them up to date. We also received our first homework assignment. When I got home I relaxed ordered pizza and wings, did my homework, and called it a night.... I have a feeling when I start I'll be a "slam clicker"

Day 3-

Today was awesome! I learned how to do the "safety dance." We also had a pilot come in and teach us about how the aircraft works. It was very interesting. We also learned about our policies on guests with disabilities. My classmates who failed their test did their retakes and unfortunately one did not pass so she was sent home. It was a wake up call for a lot of my classmates. But I am still pretty confident. I know I can get through this... I just have to apply myself...

Well the "free WiFi" at this hotel sucks so I will try to keep up with my blog... but there are no guarantees...

2 comments: