Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I Hate the Passport People!

So my passport, which I paid an outrageous amount to expedite, was supposed to come today. I checked the status on the status checker online and it still wasn't up so I was worried and called. I was put on hold for thirty minutes only to discover that I will be receiving my passport one day after my training starts!

I am pissed!

So because the regular amount of time for a passport is supposed to take about 3 weeks I am pissed that I had to pay an extra 75 dollars. I understand that because the expedited ones are running behind the regular ones would be too, but don't have your workers saying 2 weeks door to door if you can't guarantee it. They could have just as easily said 2-3 weeks door to door.

So now I can not go to training which really pisses me off. Because I've heard that XYZ is only having two classes this month and they aren't sure when they will have more. I was in the second class. If I miss out on this job and end up with a passport that I don't even need, that caused me to miss out on this job.... I will be beyond pissed off!

But I will still try to see the sunny side of things and be happy that I have more time to study my information packet. But hopefully I will get to use that knowledge.

4 comments:

  1. hmmm, I would talk to someone and see if you can let them know if maybe your passport does come on time. Sometimes things show up earlier than expected! They won't let you start without it, even if you have your receipt that it is coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They said that I could call if anything changes but they require you to have it on the first day. I'm not really even sure why... I don't think that they plan on having us leave the country lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed it shows up before your training date...seniority is everything in this industry. One class can make a huge difference for years to come!

    ReplyDelete